Welcome back! Today’s post is all about concealers, if that wasn’t obvious. Specifically under eye concealers, correctors, powders, and some tips and tricks we’ve learned along the way. Besides eyeliner, I don’t think I could live without concealer. I have really bad dark circles due to genetics (I still love you, mom) and have spent most of my life telling people “actually no, I’m not tired.” So without further adieu, let’s get into it!
Disclaimer: We are not certified makeup artists. Just avid Youtube watchers and frequent Sephora customers.
- Bobbi Brown Corrector. This was my first corrector I’ve EVER purchased. The salmon color of the corrector will neutralize any blue veins you have under your eyes. This.stuff.is.magic. My favorite way to apply it is to focus the concealer on the dark pocket under your eye and don’t blend it out. I’ll get to that in a minute. The only negative thing I have to say about this one is that it didn’t last me very long for the price. I use corrector every day and I needed something to give me more bang for buck.
- Lush Cup O’ Coffee Face and Body Mask. This product is kind of random, but hear me out. This face mask contains coffee grounds and caffeine is ah-mazing for brightening the skin and waking up tired eyes. I apply this in an inverted triangle shape under my eyes and leave on for about 10-15 minutes. I like to do this before I get in the shower and gently massage off from under my eye area. Ta-da! Bright eyes for days.
- NYX Full Coverage Concealer. Definitely the best bang for your buck. It’s creamy, yet blendable and lasts for SO long. I like to use this after corrector, right under the pocket of my eye to get rid of the 3D-ness (is that a word?) of my bags. I like this as an all over face concealer because it covers pretty much anything. Win.
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. I could probably write a whole thesis on this concealer. It’s brightening, creamy, medium/full coverage (great for under the eyes), and just perfect in my opinion. From my point earlier, I like to take this type of creamy concealer and draw an inverted triangle under my eye and blend out with a damp beauty sponge after I’ve applied a corrector. The triangle shape brightens your whole under eye and hides dark circles like a charm!
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Eyes. This one is bomb because the applicator is a brush #winning so you don’t have to use an extra tool. We’re all about cutting steps in our makeup routine because…well…sleep. What’s awesome about this guy is that it’s a BB cream (beauty balm) and hydrates and evens out the tone under the eyes #doublewinning The only downfall is the coverage is light-medium so we recommend a corrector and set it so it doesn’t crease!
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit. This product pairs wonderfully with the matching corrector. Bonus: it comes with a setting powder so it’s handy for traveling. The setting powder is a yellow tint which is great for cancelling out darkness and for highlighting your under eye area! Same complaint as the matching corrector, the product didn’t last me very long and the consistency was almost too thick for under my eyes.
- Tarte Colored Clay CC Undereye Corrector. My holy grail at the moment. CC stands for color corrector which is exactly what this product does. I’ve had this since December and still have so much product left. It’s SO creamy and blends like a dream. Bravo, Tarte. I like to take this on a concealer brush and fill in all of the blue under my eye, then follow with the NARS concealer to highlight and further conceal. Hello, flawless face.
- NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana. If you’re scared that this is yellow, don’t be and let me explain why. This is a color correcting powder that will cancel redness and neutralize dark circles. If you have ever wondered why Kim K’s face SLAYS, it’s for 2 reasons. One being her makeup artist is a genius, and two being banana powder. This powder is great for setting the under eye area as well as the highest points of the face because it gives off a highlighting effect.
I hope this helped some of you! What are your favorite concealers? Any tips and tricks you can’t live without?! Let us know in the comments!
Steph and Melina